The below functionality is only available in the latest version of our software. If your server hasn't been upgraded yet, please raise a support request asking us to add a new Virtual Machine for you.
Custom virtual machines are Windows or Linux virtual machines running on your server. These are typically used for installing and running applications.
You can add new Virtual Machines from within the Commissioning Console.
Step 1: Select new Custom Virtual Machine
From within Commissioning Console, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the + next to New Custom Virtual Machine
Step 2: Enter in the Custom Virtual Machine specification
- Enter in a descriptive name in the field called Custom VM user Label
- Choose either a Windows or Linux operating system from the pull down menu called Operating System
- Specify how many Virtual CPU cores you want the VM to have in the field labelled Virtual CPU Cores
- Specify how much RAM (in GB) you want the virtual machine to have in the field labelled RAM (GB)
- Specify how much Disk Space you want to be assigned to the data drive on the Virtual Machine, in the field labelled Disk Space (GB).
The Disk space is assigned to the data volume on the virtual machine. On Linux this is the volume mounted on /data, and on Windows its the D: drive.
Step 3: Create the virtual machine
When complete, click the Create button at the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Repeat process for other Custom virtual machines
If you want to create additional Custom virtual machines, repeat the process for each virtual machine.
Step 5: Wait for the virtual machine to be commissioned
The virtual machine will now be created and configured on your server. When it is complete the status will change to Completed