You can use Previous Versions to recover files or folders from an earlier point in time. This can be done from any Windows computer on the domain.
- Navigate to the folder or file that you wish to recover.
- Right click on the folder containing the item you wish to recover and select Properties from the menu that appears.
- On the Properties window, click the Previous Versions tab.
- Highlight the version date of the item that you want to recover.
- While there are several options for recovering an item, we recommend using the View & Copy method. To copy the contents of the folder, click on the appropriate folder and then click Open. A Windows Explorer window will open with the contents of the previous version of the folder.
- Right-click on the item that you wish to recover and select the Copy menu item.
- Navigate to the location on your machine where you wish the item to reside and select thePaste menu item.
- Open a new Windows Explorer window by double-clicking the computer icon in order to ensure that you are not using the previous version window.
- Close all open windows when finished.